Better Bodies’ trainers provide personal training and in home training services in Indianapolis, Carmel, and Zionsville. Contact Better Bodies to learn more about our fitness training and how to get a trainer!
Mitch Schroder, Owner and Founder
Mitch is an Iowa native with his Masters in Physical Therapy from the University of Iowa. Since finishing his degrees, Mitch has worked in hospital settings and rehabilitation centers in Indiana and Iowa. Since 1995, Mitch has owned and operated Better Bodies Inc.
- Masters in Physical Therapy: The University of Iowa; Iowa City, Iowa 1990-1992
- Bachelors of Science in Physical Education: Iowa State University; Ames, Iowa. 1987-1990
- Associate of Arts in Biotechnology: Ellsworth Community College, Iowa Falls, Iowa 1985-1987
Licensure / Certifications:
- Masters Physical Therapy
- N.S.C.A., Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- A.C.S.M., Advanced Certification
- IDEA, Master/Elite Level P.F.T.
Anatomy, mentoring, weight lifting, rugby, biking, hiking, football, basketball, track, rotary, world news, history, and politics.
Best Part of Being A Trainer:
The opportunity to affect peoples’ lives in a positive way short term, but more importantly long-term and hopefully inspire others to attain their own healthy lifestyle goals.
Andi is a Pennsylvania native who now calls Zionsville her home. She is a former Health and Physical Education teacher and participated in fitness competitions for 11 years.
Education and Certifications:
BS in Exercise Science – University of Pittsburgh
MS in Exercise Physiology – University of Pittsburgh
BS in Health & Physical Education, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association
Competitive Fitness Experience:
4x Fitness Universe Runner-Up
Fitness America World Championship Runner-up
ESPN Series Champ
Over 30 fitness and physique competitions over 11 years.
Family and Personal:
Andi lives in Zionsville with her husband and son. She enjoys teaching indoor cycling as well as training other motivated moms! Andi also loves to travel with her family, especially to their favorite destination, Disney World!
Rick is a Carmel native that has grown up in the sports scene. He was a 4-year letter winner at Carmel High School in both baseball and football. He continued his football career at Hanover College where he was a 2-year team captain and First Team All-Conference player. He came in the Better Bodies scene as a trainee while getting ready for tryouts with the Arena Football League. At the conclusion of his football career, he came back to Better Bodies as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- B.A., Hanover College 2002-2006
- D.P.T., IUPUI, 2008-currently
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Rick enjoys maintaining a healthy lifestyle (resistance training, power lifting, flag football, racquetball, volleyball, softball), meeting new people and hearing their stories, and relaxing with family and friends.
Best Part of Being A Trainer:
Sharing in the enthusiasm with a client when they have reached a personal milestone.
· Personal trainer and group fitness instructor since 1981 certifications including:
- ACSM (HFI)
- Yoga (Nat’l Institute of Yoga, Houston, YMCA)
- Pilates (Ungaro, YMCA)
- Spinning (Mad Dog)
- Kick Boxing (Turbo Kick)
- BS in Pre-Physical Therapy and Exercise Science (IU School of Physical Education)
- MS in Exercise Science with a focus on exercise physiology, biomechanics, and adapted physical education (IU School of Physical Education)
- Currently working on PhD (IU School of Health and Rehabilitative Sciences)
- Wife (26 years)
- Mother of 3 (24, 20 & 13)
- Interested in wellness coaching (fitness and nutrition)
- Goals include: improving my mini time to less than 2 hours, completing 1 sprint triathlon this year with my family and recording a meditation CD.
- In the process of co-authoring a textbook of specific adaptations for exercises for people with disabilities.
The highlight of my career has been being able to help others reach their personal goals and to overcome bodily aches and pains through exercise and meditation. Exercise, both physical and mental, is not only empowering but it allows people to find a comfortable body without the use of medication and surgery. I love my job!